Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education 2010 (Mar 12, 2010 – Mar 13, 2010)
Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference 2010 is a completely in-world conference on … virtual worlds, best practices and how they are used in education. It is not uniquely focused on Second Life however obviously there is a very strong SL bent to the conference owing to where it is being held.
Website URL :: http://www.vwbpe.org
Unlike a number of other conferences this one is BIG – it is also FREE with the expenses for the conference being paid for through sponsorship. When I say big I mean like 1700+ people in 2007 and 3600+ people in 2009 and we are expecting 5000+ for 2010.
This year we are upping the ante.
* The conference is going to be 48 hrs from 12:01a on March 12 to 23:59p on March 13.
* The conference is going international with active representation on the proposal committee from around the world
* Through generous support by a number of organizations we’ve managed to obtain 20 sims to accomodate the conference
* We are hoping to have transcription services available for those with hearing imparements, and
* We are hoping to be able to broadcast at least 40 hours of live video (flash based) to the web along with another 8-10 hours of HD video (QT) Treet.TV has gone through a major revamp of their website so if you want to see video from last year the new link is http://business.treet.tv/shows/bpeducation/episodes.
The Call for Proposals has been out for awhile but the February 15th deadline is quickly approaching for submissions.
To get information on submitting use this link http://bit.ly/2010_Proposals and get your submissions in early to the peer review panel.
For those that want to pre-register for the conference (registration is not a requirement btw) you can use this link here http://vwbpe10.eventbrite.com/ (if you had visited this link before today the donation piece has been removed as it required at least a $1 minimum – that has been removed) pre-registrations gives us an opportunity to get an idea of numbers plus it provides a receipt for your organization to show that you are attending a registered event if you need it for attending the Friday.
Information sessions will be starting next weekend. If you would like one of the organizing committee to attend your function to explain more about it please drop me a line directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we can get something set-up. In the meantime, sessions will be twice weekly starting next weekend leading up to the conference.
SL: Phelan Corrimal
Executive Committee, VWBPE
You are invited to the following event:
Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education 2010 (VWBPE ’10)
Friday, March 12, 2010 at 12:05 AM
– to –
Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 11:55 PM (PT)
Location: Second Life!
For more information click here
Filed under: Upcoming Conference, Virtual World | 1 Comment »